Monday, June 17, 2019

I'd forgotten about this blog!

I kept wondering where my blog page was... I knew I had one. This is it (I think :D ) Since I last wrote here, I've released the big stand-alone novel, 'Muted' - if you like horses, you'll love it. If you don't like horses, I think you'll still like it, as it's about the people and the pharmaceutical product being developed, and lots of other issues, as much as it's about the horses. I also wrote 'Zo' - a stand alone novel about a group of 59 year old Australians who rush to help a childhood friend, and listen to her story of being in love with someone who died 500 years earlier. I thought it was good, but not many people are reading it - and it's doesn't have dragons or magic or graphic sex scenes, so there are a lot of readers who won't be drawn to it. I've nearly finished the fourth of the Outback Riders series... I know, it's been ages, but the books stand alone. I guess, like so many other writers, it's just too easy to become disheartened and discouraged, filled with self doubt, and all the rest. But it'll be out soon - the finishing touches are going in now. I get together with my 59 year old Australian girlfriends soon for a joint celebration of our 60th birthday - we spent our childhood birthdays together when we were at school, so are having a girls' sleepover like we did back in the 60s and 70s when we were young. It's funny that the more things change, the more they stay the same - everything that we loved about each other when we were kids remains unchanged, no matter how many layers life has added on. You'll find a lot of our childhood in Zo - though it's been transferred over to a different group of friends the same age as us (believe me, none of us had lives quite so dramatic as the Zo friends). Stay safe. Be kind. You don't have to change the world for the better, just make life around you a little better - that is amazing. Leanne (you can find me on Facebook as 'Leanne Owens - author' or write to me at lea_owens@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment